Why a Great Country Pub?
What thoughts come to mind when asked what would be your ideal quintessential English country inn?
- Real ale consumed in a riverside garden in summer or, alternatively, beside a roaring log fire in winter?
- A building that clings to its heritage radiating charm through period features and each story it has to tell?
- Tucking into delicious food that evokes a passion for local produce or sharing a Sunday Roast with family?
- A good standard of places to stay for that romantic getaway – sinking back into a comfy bed made up with crisp white sheets and a fluffy duvet?
- A warm and friendly welcome from your hosts, and a chance to mingle with the locals?
- Long relaxing strolls in the countryside following a satisfying pub lunch or hearty breakfast during an active weekend in the country?
If this is what you've got in mind then a Great Country Pub is just what you are looking for!
Each Great Country Pub has been assessed to meet our carefully laid-down criteria and has something unique and special that will draw visitors back again and again. These pubs are scattered throughout 16 different diverse destinations – most of which are less than an hour from London – all with their own distinct character.
So if you're thinking about a weekend away in the country or somewhere to eat and drink with family and friends, look no further than a Great Country Pub!